October 23, 2012

Garbanzo & Fava Pizza Crust


All day I was craving pizza. 

And not just typical grain-free pizza, I wanted like real, bread-y, thick crust pizza. 


Like this. And so I made some.

I found this recipe and modified it just a bit. I love the earthiness and texture the garbanzo and fava flour gives the crust. 

All you need:
2 cups garbanzo and fava flour
1 cup arrowroot powder
1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 & 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 & 1/2 teaspoon oregano

3 eggs
1/2 cups milk



To make the crust, combine all the dry ingredients together. Whisk the eggs and milk and incorporate into the dry ingredients. It gets nice and gooey, so feel free to use your hands.

Work the dough into a round and place on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. 


Spread on any toppings that suit your fancy. This one was perfect for my sister and me, only one of whom eats meat. 

Happy compromise. 

Pop the pizza back in the oven until the cheese gets nice and melty, about 6 minutes. 


Yum! 






No comments:

Post a Comment