October 28, 2012

Zucchini Alfredo



While following my favorite food blogs this week, I noticed a common theme: alfredo sauce. It all looked amazing, creamy cheese sauce poured over a rich bed of buttery pasta. 

My first thought was, "Man, I really wish I could eat that." 

My second thought, "Zucchini noodles. Yes."


Zucchini noodles are actually quite simple to make. Slice lengthwise as thinly as possible. A mandolin is a wonderful tool for this, but not absolutely necessary. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Roast in the oven for about 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. 

Meanwhile make the alfredo sauce:

2 tablespoons of butter 
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic, or one clove
1/4 cup shredded parmesean cheese
2 teaspoons garbanzo and fava flour

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the milk and let simmer for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cheese. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the flour until it becomes thick. 




Pour over the zucchini noodles and enjoy!


scb



2 comments: